Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Contests. Writing contests.

So, I've decided to put a rush on finishing my screenplay in order to enter at least two contests. I will also need to copyright them and entry fee money. I will also put a rush on my tax returns now and use that money for the contests. I don't have high hopes of winning, but it's just cool to do something like this. This means I probably won't reach a 120 pages, more like 105-110. I still have scenes I want add. One contest says 80 pages is an acceptable amount for a feature film, and most companies prefer short screenplays as they are more economical and will have more show times.
Most of the contest deadlines are write around the corner. Well, the late entry deadlines which means more money for the entry fee. But I'm going to try my hardest to finish this. It's important and personal to me. I think I can do it.

3 comments:

Becky D said...

Of course you can do this! You're Annie mf-ing Hendricks!! Good luck! :)

Kayleigh said...

^ What she said! :D

Annie Hendricks said...

Thanks you two! I'm trying my best.