Saturday, March 13, 2010

Beginning of my Self Portait paper

I thought it was pretty good and I wanted to share!

With my brother on one arm and my aunt on the other, they slowly walked with me into her hospital room. Tears clouded my vision as we got closer and closer to the open door. Standing directly in front of the door, my body begins to shake, my knees weaken and tears stream down my face. My aunt and brother hold me as I push forward. “You don’t have to do this,” my aunt says. I ignore her worried voice and walk into the room to see my best friend’s lifeless body lay in bed. My body gives. My knees buckle and I begin to fall but my family holds me together. Tubes run through her body; the one in her mouth has chipped her front tooth. A simple procedure went wrong. She’s in a coma.

No comments: