Thursday, June 9, 2011

Its been awhile

Since the last time I updated much as happened in my life, well nothing too exciting.

I ended the semester with a 3.6 GPA! My best GPA to date which earned me a spot on the Dean's list! How cool is that? I'm also all registered for fall classes. 4 in the fall and 2 plus an internship in the winter, then it's all over and on to adult life. I'm actually very excited at thought of this being my last summer at Amico's. Don't get me wrong, it's a great job to have while in school, but it's about time I move on. I told Eric I don't want to work there for at least a year after I leave. But many have quit before me, with the same intentions of ne'er a return only to come crawling back to make some extra money. 
Actually, I should probably see a counselor to make sure my info matches theirs. I've been screwed over by school a couple of times this past semester. 

When school ended, Eric's mom took us on an amazing cruise vacation to the Caribbean! It was a delightful trip full of delicious food, fun and sun. We also spent some time in the lovely state of Texas. It was my first time in Texas and we packed a lot in during the 2 days we spent there. We went to a movie at The Alamo theater where they serve dinner and drinks  throughout the film. The next day we spent hours at a huge aquarium where we saw sharks, giant sting rays and fish, an octopus and many other awesome aquatic creatures. That night we went to an Astros game, which they won with a walk-off in the 9th inning!

Since I've been home, the only thing I've been looking forward to is an extras casting call for Oz: The Great and Powerful starring James Franco and directed by Michigan's own Sam Rami. My friend and I plan to make an extra early drive out to Pontiac for the call. The casting people plan on booking some extras this Saturday for upcoming film dates.I hope that at least one of us gets booked immediately just to make this trip worth it. They claim to need thousands of extras and have already called out for specific looks, which I didn't fit into. They needed little people, extremely tall people, fire breathers and circus type people with crazy awesome talents. However, one time they were looking a female around my height and age for a speaking role but they wanted a blonde. Damn, if only my hair were lighter.


I'm trying to stay positive with this whole extras thing. Last summer I remember feeling so desperate to be in anything that it kept me up at night. I guess I just wanted it badly. This time I plan on staying calm and if others are chosen instead of me, I will be happy for them. I've noticed whenever I'm positive about anything something good always happens!

No comments: