Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A little worried

I'm having some concerns over Life rights, I think that's the correct term. Since the story is about my life and some of the characters share similarities with people I know that could present a problem. I've changed all the names and some of their physical features. Many parts of the movie are also untrue in order to make it more interesting. I submitted a question to Final Draft asking about my problem, but they couldn't provide me with any advice because they were unsure of  my situation and I should ask an attorney. I don't think it's a problem since I'm not going to place  "based on a true story" on the title page since everything is not completely true.
I need to figure all this out, hopefully without having to consult legal help.

No comments: