Friday, October 15, 2010

I like this feeling

It's odd how much one random song can inspire so much in a person. I love music, but I don't feel it's my life like others do. I like a variety of types of music, mostly pop dance music that's so popular right now. Once in awhile I will hear a song and feel the sudden urge to write something. I will listen to the song over and over as the story slowly develops in my mind. It's like I'm writing something for that song, like how writers will create a character for a certain actress. Eventually I begin writing notes about it everywhere, on napkins, notebook covers or my hands. I always run the idea by Eric to see what he thinks. He always tells me it sounds like a great story idea, even when I can barely explain it. Then, if I have no homework, I begin to write it.
Eric and I recently downloaded Psycho Killer by The Talking Heads. It's from the 60s or 70s and is a great song. We originally heard it in an episode of The Simpsons. That song made me want to write a short about a woman fighter out to find her sister who is recovering from amnesia, but it's not all kittens and kisses. I love movies where women are strong, beautiful and can kick ass. Like in Kill Bill or Death Proof; both are Tarantino flicks. So, I started to write and hopefully we can film it one day. Also, being in a film class really helps.

2 comments:

Becky D said...

you know I look SIMILAR to you... I could be your sister :)

Annie Hendricks said...

I was planning on sending you the script! It's a short film, and you would play the sister. DuH!